Studying Law @ NLUO
Certificate Course in Cyber Law and Cyber Security
ONLINE CERTIFICATE COURSE ON CYBER LAW AND CYBER SECURITY
National Law University, Odisha has been at the forefront of legal education ever since its inception in 2008. NLUO seeks to extend this legacy of spearheading novel ideas and research in nascent fields by collaborations with various other universities with similar ideas. Cyber law and cyber security is pertinent in today’s world due to the ubiquitous nature of the digital world. NLUO has joined hands with the Cyber law University to offer an online Certificate Course on Cyber Law and Cyber Security. Cyber law University is an online University that is specifically dedicated to the study of Cyber law and related legal issues.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The National Law University Odisha (NLUO) jointly with the Cyber law University presents “Online Certificate Course on Cyber Law and Cyber Security.” The course aims to disseminate knowledge regarding the constantly evolving trends impacting cyberspace and connected paradigms. It covers a diversified arena connected to cyber law and intellectual property rights, artificial intelligence law, blockchain technology etc. This course has been designed, conceptualized and developed by Dr. Pavan Duggal, Advocate, Supreme Court of India and Honorary Chancellor, Cyber Law University. To add to it, NLUO also imparts and shares knowledge on different aspects on cyber law and cyber security.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
The objectives of the course are:
- To provide a holistic view of the practical aspects of global Cyber Law and Security.
- To impart knowledge about security breaches and frauds
- To teach about emerging trends in Cyber Law jurisprudence
- To help participants gain insights on the various provisions that countries around the world have in place for cyber crimes and other aspects of Cyber Law.
- To provide a perspective on the legal ramifications of different activities on the World Wide Web.
On the completion of the course, the participants will be able:
- To have more nuanced knowledge of different Cyber laws around the globe and the varied approaches that countries take to regulate the Cyberspace.
- To get a more sensitized view on the latest emerging elements of Cyber law and cyber security jurisprudence across the world.
- To get a holistic view pertaining to
the legal, policy and cyber security ramifications of the cyberspace.
- To benefit from the well- crafted pedagogy employed in the course and the practical nature of the same.
- To tackle inevitable challenges that may emerge in the cyberspace.
- To evaluate the effects of COVID-19 on the Cyberspace and how this has altered the jurisprudence surrounding Cyber laws.
SYLLABUS OF THE COURSE
Section I – Introduction on Cyberspace and Cyber law
Section II – Cyberspace legal challenges
Section III – Intermediary liability and Cyber law for corporates
Section IV – Social media and emerging challenges
Section V – Cybercrime regulation
Section VI – Cybercrimes in banking sector
Section VII – Cybercrime investigations and cyber forensics
Section VIII – Consumer protection and digital ecosystem
Section IX – Artificial Intelligence and legal challenges
Section X – Artificial Intelligence and legal regulation
Section XI – Cyber security breaches and regulation
Section XII – Cyber security and Critical Information Infrastructure protection
Section XIII – Cyber security and legal challenges
Section XIV – Data protection legal framework in India
Section XV – Doubt clearing session
Section XVI – Conclusion
This is an online course. It will include pre-recorded video lectures, live online classes, and live doubt clearing sessions.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
The course will be offered in English.
DURATION OF THE COURSE
The duration of the course is 2 months.
EVALUATION AND CERTIFICATE
All the candidates registering in the Cyber law course are required to complete all the modules as well as submit a research paper online, which will be evaluated before he/she can get the certificate of the said course.
The participants for admission to the course can be anyone who has passed 12th standard from CBSE or possesses similar qualifications.
INR 10,000 to be paid at the time of registration. The registration form and account details for payment are provided in the brochure.
For any queries, please e-mail: email@example.com