The Centre for Industrial Relations and Labour Laws(CIRLL)
To Facilitate Legal Awareness amongst workers and protect the Rights of Workers in the Organized and Unorganized Sector.
- To focus on protecting the rights of the workers in fields ranging from construction to agriculture with special attention to women and child labour related issues.
- Conduct extensive field work and research thereby, creating a reliable database.
- Our energy and efforts are dedicated to a management philosophy that holds people above profits.
- To contribute to the economic strength of the society by reinforcing its social base.
- To Conduct Extensive Field Work.
- To Create Awareness Through Education.
- To Create Better Working Environment For Women.
- To Combat The Malice Of Child Labour.
- To Improve The Conditions Of Agrarian Workers.
- To Provide Legal Aid At Their Doorstep.
ACHIEVMENTS OF CIRLL SO FAR
Project Arogyada (1st May, 2022)
On the eve of Labour Day, the NSS units of National Law University Odisha along with CIRLL and Health and Wellness Committee organized a health check-up camp for the construction workers, housekeeping staff, gardening staff and security personnel.
Regional Consultation on Female Labour Force Participation Rate (FLFPR) in collaboration with National Commission for Women (NCW) and V. V. Giri Institute of Labour, NOIDA (2020)
- 1. The event focused on the insight on reviewing laws related to Inter-State Women Migrant Workers.
- 2. The centre also organized Virtual Regional Consultation on the same topic in collaboration with NCW.
Management Development Program on Contractual Labour: Realities and Challenges (7th to 8th February, 2015)
- 1. The event focused on the insight on the vending guidelines for contract engagement.
- 2. Day two of the function saw discussion and debates between the resource persons and participants on the challenges of contract labour engagement and the legal aspects of employment of the same.
Project Astitva (15th March, 2014)
- 1. Field visit to (on 12th March, 2014):
- Cuttack- Bhubaneswar By-Pass
- Cuttack- Bhubaneswar Highway Expansion and Flyover
- Royal Lagoon Housing, Bhubaneswar
- Mani Tirumala, Bhubaneswar
- 2. Data collection on the safety and security of labour in construction sites.
- 3. Report presented on how the safety of workers is neglected on these sites and there is no compliance with laws like Building and Other Construction Workers Act, 1996; Minimum Wages Act, 1948; The Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act, 1986 etc.
Project Arogyada (15th March, 2014)
- 1. 2. Arranged an Eye Check Up camp for on-campus labourers and their families.
- Doctors with their teams from J.P.M Rotary Eye Hospital were invited to set up the camp.
Management Development Program on Industrial Relations Law and Practice (12th to 14th April, 2014)
- 1. Participation of personnel from Mahanadi Coal Limited, IFFCO, Tata Steel, NALCO and TRL Krosaki Refractories Limited etc.
- 2. The event focused on the important topic of industrial relations along with contractual rights, obligations and drafting.
- 3. Topics such as relevance of Trade Unions, the problems faced by trade unions and the details of drafting a good contract was touched upon on the second day of the programme.
VISITORS TO OUR CENTRE:
- V. Nagaraj, Former Vice Chancellor, NLUO
- Shri Ramesh Singh, Senior Council, Supreme Court of India
- O.V. Nandimath, Registrar, NLSIU and Legal Consultant
- G. Manjunath, Joint Labour Commissioner, Govt. of Karnataka
- Shri Premankur Bhattachajee, Unit Head, HR, IFFCO
- Shri Ashok Kumar Mohapatra, I.A.S.
- Shri Nihar Ranjan Hota, I.A.S.
- Suvendu Das, Vice President HR, Paradeep Phosphates Limited
- Shri Debi Prasad Mishra, Cabinet Minister
- P.K. Padhi, Professor XLRI Jamshedpur
- Shri T. K. Panda, Regional Labour Commissioner, Central
- Hon’ble Shri Justice A.K. Patnaik, Supreme Court of India
- Hon’ble Shri Justice V.Gopala Gowda, Supreme Court of India
- Hon’ble Shri Justice A.K.Goel, Chief Justice, High Court of Odisha
- Shri A. N. Sahay, CMD, Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd.
- Shri P. C. Panigrahi, Director Personnel, Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd.
- Chief Medical Officer, J. P. M Rotary Eye Hospital
DIRECTOR AND CO-DIRECTOR:
- Dr. Arjyalopa Mishra, Assistant Professor of Management, Director
- Ms. Madhubrata Rayasingh, Assistant Professor of Economics, Co-Director
- Saurav Kumar
- Rishita Agarwal
- Rajeswari Swain
- Parineeta Veer
- Aryan Dash
- Yuvraj Sawdia