Centre for Public Health Law
The Centre is involved in research about the paradigm of legal entitlements of people under right to health, provides guidance to government and non-government organisations on health policy and critically scrutinizes the compatibility of various public health policies and programs with the fundamental rights regime. The Centre is working collaboratively with two expert public health organizations i.e. International Union against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease [‘The Union’] and the Public Health Foundation of India [‘PHFI’].
Recently, a national expert consultation was organised on the draft Cigarette and the other Tobacco Products Act Amendment Bill 2020 on 27th January 2021 and the Centre submitted comments on the same to Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
The Centre has a core team of the following student researchers:
- Dhanya Visweswaran
- Khushi Bhardwaj
- Sambram Mohapatra
- Sayandeep Gupta
- Sejal Jain
- Swikruti Mohanty
- Sakshi Mittal
Which assists Prof. (Dr.) Yogesh Pratap Singh, Director and Ms Nanditta Batra as Co-director of Centre for Public Health Law.
Centre for Public Health Law is commencing its Guest Lecture Series starting 22 July, 2021:
- 1st Guest Lecture of CPHL’s guest lecture series by Dr Chandrakant Lahariya.” (Pre-Event)
- “Guest Lecture by Dr. Chandrakant Lahriya on ‘Health Policies and Systems’.” (Post Event)
1st NLUO PHFI Public Health Law National Moot Court Competition 2021:
Centre for Public Health Law, National Law University Odisha in association with the Public Health Foundation of India is organizing the first Public Health Law Moot Competition from 24 June 2021 to 27 June 2021. 66 teams have registered with us from across the country for this competition. The moot aims to cudgel the young minds on important contemporary Public Health Law concerns and make them think and research about various nitty-gritties of byzantine legal rules and principles that form the bedrock of the public health apparatus The purpose of this moot is to generate a debate on the issues of compulsory vaccination and legality of immunity to vaccine manufacturers.
Updates of 1st NLUO PHFI Public Health Law National Moot Court Competition 2021:
List of Citations
|5th Best Memorial||MNLU Nagpur|
|4th Best Memorial||Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla, H.P.|
|3rd Best Memorial||Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University, Lucknow|
|2nd Best Memorial||Chanakya National Law University|
|Best Memorial||Government Law College, Mumbai|
|3rd Best Speaker||Anagha Ramdass representing Nuals Kochi|
|2nd Best Speaker||Nabeel M representing School of Law, University of Mysore|
|Best Speaker||Anshika Paul representing Government Law College, Trivandrum|
|Runners Up||NALSAR, Hyderabad|
|Winner||Government Law College, Mumbai|
- “Press Release – 1st NLUO PHFI Public Health Law Moot Court Competition – 2021.”
- “Valedictory Ceremony of 1st NLUO PHFI Public Health Law Moot Court Competition, 2021.”
- “List of Teams for Semi – Finals.”
- “List of Octa–Finalists for 1st NLUO PHFI Public Health Law National Moot Court Competition.”
- “Press Release – 1st NLUO PHFI Public Health National Law Moot Court Competition Begins Virtually from 24th June 2021.”
- “1st NLUO PHFI Public Health National Law Moot Court Competition, Commences on 24th June, 2021”
- “1st NLUO PHFI Public Health Law National Moot Court Competition” from June 24 to 27, 2021.