“International Law and Policy Society NLUO is organizing the 2nd Edition of The ILPS Essay Writing Competition”
International Law and Policy Society NLUO
2nd Edition of the ILPS Essay Writing Competition
The ILPS has been established to provide through research, working papers, publications, seminars, conferences, projects, and engagement, a platform for intellectual dialogue on contemporary issues of international law and foreign policy. The emphasis of this society will be on public international law, international affairs, and foreign policies of different countries. The society aims to engage with various stakeholders such as scholars, universities, policymakers, think tanks, and intergovernmental organizations. It provides students from different law universities the opportunity to publish their blogs and articles on international laws and policies on our distinguished website.
About the Competition
While the world is divided by borders, the geopolitical happenings of countries in the contemporary era of globalisation continue to impact all international players. The International law and Policy Society at NLUO, recognising the fact that ideas and opinions are bulletproof and must flow across borders brings forth the present Essay Writing Competition with an aim to encourage law and policy-oriented discourse around the numerous issues of international importance and India’s stance towards these issues.
This competition is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students from all disciplines. Submissions from Scholars, Academicians, Journalists, Policy Makers, Research Scholars, and NGOs are also welcome. The maximum number of Co- authors is limited to 02.
- Iran’s Anti- Hijab & India’s Pro- Hijab Protests, liberation from oppression: A feminist Perspective.
- Need for a Global framework for outer space regulations: In the light of SpaceX Starlink project.
- The Russia- Ukraine Conflict and India’s diplomatic policy stance of Proactive neutrality.
- Free Trade Agreements in modern economic paradigm: The India-UK FTA deal.
- Prosecution of Journalists & Repression of Media Freedom, in light of recent Global events.
- International Framework against Cartelization of energy supply in International Markets.
- Growing Religious Intolerance and the role of international forums to carve a way out.
- Application and legality of ICCPR regarding Content Moderation and Censorship on Social Media Platforms: A Human Rights Perspective.
- Registration Open:10th November 2022
- Registration Closes:30th November 2022
- Last Date for Submitting Manuscripts:10th December 2022
- Declaration Of Results:15th January 2023
The registration link for the competition is:
Registration fees shall be Rs 150 for a single author and Rs 250 for co-authorship.
All the payments shall be made through SBI Collect as mentioned here in the payment process. Please note that the SBI Collect portal accepts payment through all gateways like UPI, Debit Card, Credit Card, Net-Banking, etc. The Last date for payment is 30th November 2022. Further, all the participants are requested to attach the SBI collect payment receipt in the registration form as well.
All the submissions must be submitted through the google form link given below:
1st Prize: Rs. 3,000
2nd Prize: Rs. 2,000
3rd Prize: Rs. 1,000
The best three submissions will feature on the ILPS Blog
E-Certificate of appreciation shall be awarded to the top entries of the competition.
- The submission shall be the original work of the author dealing with public international law and foreign policy. The submissions must focus on current developments in these fields and must be analytical in nature.
- A maximum similarity of 10% is allowed. Non-adherence to this rule shall result in the rejection of the article summarily.
- The submission must have a clear and concise structure along with clear Headings and sub-headings.
- A submission should have 1000 to 1200 words.
- The manuscripts must be in “docx” format. The text must be in Times New Roman, have 1.5 line spacing, font size 12 and justified.
- Citations should be given in the hyperlinks.
- The file name of the Submission should be the title of the Essay.
Submissions failing to meet the above-mentioned doctrines will be rejected.
Email – ilps.nluo.ac.in
Contact - Vedant Sharma (Convenor)- +91-7735855067
Maulsree Srivastava (Secretary)- +91-8279701734