“Call for Abstracts: International Conference on Maritime Law – 2020 (February 22 – 23, 2020).”
"Call for Abstracts: International Conference on Maritime Law - 2020 (February 22 - 23, 2020)."
Centre for Maritime Law, NLUO is pleased to announce the International Conference on Maritime Law, 2020 in collaboration with HP Law-Advocates, Mumbai to be held on February 22nd & 23rd, 2020. The Conference intends to act as an intellectual, productive, learning space for all academia, researchers, students, specialists, industrialists and enthusiasts of Maritime Law.
About the Conference
The Conference is one of its kind and is being conducted on an international level with the aim of assessing the application and regulation of the current international and national maritime legal regime vis a vis the ever-growing maritime industry. This requires a platform for dialogue, resolution of issues and innovation that the Conference intends to offer.
The Centre thus decided on the theme of the Conference to be “Reshaping the New Horizons:
Maritime Law Perspective in 21st Century” keeping in mind the current trends of the contemporary Maritime Industry. We, hereby, cordially invite all those interested in this dynamic field to be a part of this distinguished discourse and the papers are invited on following Sub-Themes:
- Foreign Direct Investment in the Shipping Industry
- Changing Global Scenario in Maritime Law and World Economy
- Marine Insurance and Development of New Laws
- Challenges of Maritime Security in Present Scenario
- Protection of Life at Sea: A Duty on the Coastal States
- Resolving Maritime Jurisdictional Issue by International Cooperation
- Asylum Seeker and their rights under International Law of Sea
- Marine Environment Protection and Impact of Climate Change
- Protection of Common Natural Resources: A Step for Sustainable Development
- Development of Laws Relating to Cargo Disputes
- Rights & Duty of Seamen under International Maritime Law
- Dispute Management for Freight Settlements
- Rapid changes in technologies and its impact on maritime law
- Maritime Piracy and Security
- Arrest of Vessels: Jurisdiction & Practice
Note: The above-mentioned sub-themes are not exhaustive, the author may choose any other theme, however the same shall not be in derogation of the primary theme of the Conference.
- Patron-in-Chief: Hon'ble Justice K.S. Jhaveri, Chief Justice of the High Court of Odisha & Hon'ble Chancellor, National Law University Odisha.
- Patron: (Dr.) Srikrishna Deva Rao, Hon'ble Vice-Chancellor, National Law University Odisha.
- Faculty Co-ordinator: Pallab Das, LLM, Maritime Law, Swansea University, United Kingdom [MCIArb (London); AAIADR (Malaysia)].
Board of Advisors
- (Dr.) Proshanto K Mukherjee, Emiritus Professor of Maritime Law, World Maritime University, Sweden & Dallian Law School, China.
- Ashok Mahapatra, Director (Retd.), Maritime Safety Division, International Maritime Organisation (United Nations)
- Harsh Pratap, Founding Partner, HP Law – Advocates, Mumbai
- Hari Narayan, Partner, United Maritime Law Chambers, Kochi
- Shiv Iyer, Partner, Ganesh & Co., Mumbai.
We invite submissions from students pursuing law, academicians, scholars, advocates and technical experts from the maritime Industry.
Awards & Publication
- There shall be awards for Best and Second-best research papers which shall entail a cash reward and internship opportunity with our Partner HP LAW Advocates, Mumbai.
- Furthermore, there shall be awards for Best and Second-best Presenters which shall comprise a cash reward.
- Top 15 research papers shall be published in the form of a book and an additional 10 research papers shall be published on the Centre’s Blog and Certificates of Publication for the same shall be provided.
- All the Presenters and Attendees will receive a Certificate of Presentation and Certificate of Participation
- Date of release of notification: 21st October 2019
- Last Date for Abstract Submission: 24th November 2019
- Communication of Acceptance of Abstract and Opening of Registrations for Presenters: 1st December 2019
- Last Date for Registrations for Presenters: 10th December 2019
- Last Date of Full Paper Submission: 15th January 2020
- Dates of Conference: 22nd -23rd February 2020
For submission guidelines, registration procedure and more details please refer to the Brochure link.
For any query or clarification mail us at email@example.com.
Avni Sharma: +91-6265074179
Kartikey Bhalotia: +91-7990316348
Shashank Chaturvedi: +91-7000603278
Follow our Blog for recent updates on Maritime Law.